This Policy is incorporated into, and is subject to, the Sideline Terms of Service. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Policy have the meaning given to them in the Sideline Terms of Service.
- Definitions"user"means a customer of Sideline. If a User is created by another User, he/she becomes a User in this sense if he/she gets a license type that can log on. The “Basic Player” license type is considered User Data."User Data"means personal data, practices, games, tests, templates, reports, addresses, and other files, folders or documents in electronic form that a User of the Service stores within the Service.“Personal Data”means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.“Public Area”means the area of the Site that can be accessed both by Users and Visitors, without needing to log in. This mainly refers to the www.sidelinesports.com web.“Restricted Area”means the area of the Site and software that can be used only by Users, and where access requires logging in.“user”means an employee, agent, or representative of a customer of Sideline, who primarily uses the restricted areas of the Site for the purpose of accessing the Service in such capacity.“Visitor”means an individual other than a User, who uses the public area, but has no access to the restricted areas of the Site or Service.
- The Information We Collect on the Service
We collect different types of information from or through the Service. The legal bases for Sideline’s processing of personal data are primarily that the processing is necessary for providing the Service in accordance with Sideline’s Terms of Service and that the processing is carried out in Sideline’s legitimate interests, which are further explained in the section “How We Use the Information We Collect” of this Policy. We may also process data upon your consent, asking for it as appropriate.
- User-provided Information.When you use the Service, as a User or as a Visitor, you may provide, and we may collect Personal Data. Examples of Personal Data include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal Data also includes other information, such as geographic area or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with Personal Data in various ways on the Service. For example, when you register for an Account, use the Service, post User Data, interact with other users of the Service through communication or messaging capabilities, or send us customer service -related requests.
- Information Collected by Users.A User may store or upload into the Service User Data. Each User is responsible for providing notice to its connected Users and third persons concerning the purpose for which User collects their Personal Data and how this Personal Data is processed in or through the Service as part of User Data.
- “Automatically Collected' Information.When a User or Visitor uses the Service, we may automatically record certain information from the User’s or Visitor’s device by using various types of technology, including cookies, “clear gifs' or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected' information may include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the Service, the pages or other content the User or Visitor views or interacts with on the Service, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of the Service.. This information is gathered from all Users and Visitors.
- Information from Other Sources.We may obtain information, including Personal Data, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners, advertisers, credit rating agencies, and Integrated Services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Data that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following
- OperationsWe use the information – other than User Data - to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users of the Service. We process User Data solely in accordance with the directions provided by the applicable User.
- ImporvementsWe use the information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Visitors and Users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality. Should this purpose require Sideline to process User Data, then the data will only be used in anonymized or aggregated form.
- CommunicationsWe may use a Visitor’s or User’s email address or other information – other than User Data – to contact that Visitor or User (i) for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to the User Data or Personal Data posted on the Service or (ii) with updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
- Cookies and Tracking TechnologiesWe use automatically collected information and other information collected on the Service through cookies and similar technologies to: (i) personalize our Service, such as remembering a User’s or Visitor’s information so that the User or Visitor will not have to re-enter it during a visit or on subsequent visits; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service. You can obtain more information about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We take measures to protect the technical information collected by our use of Google Analytics. The data collected will only be used on a need to know basis to resolve technical issues, administer the Site and identify visitor preferences; but in this case, the data will be in non-identifiable form. We do not use any of this information to identify Visitors or Users.
- To Whom We Disclose Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not intentionally disclose the Personal Data or Client Data that we collect or store on the Service to third parties without the consent of the applicable Visitor, User or Client. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:\
- Unrestricted InformationAny information that you voluntarily choose to include in a Public Area of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to any Visitor or User who has access to that content.
- Service ProvidersWe work with third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process Personal Data or User Data as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Non Personally Identifiable InformationWe may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our Clients’, Users’ and Visitors’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- Law Enforcement, Legal Process and ComplianceWe may disclose Personal Data or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a facially valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Data or other information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Unrestricted Information
- Your Choices
- Navigation InformationYou may opt out from the collection of navigation information about your visit to the Site by Google Analytics by using Google Analytics Opt-out feature.
- Opting out from Commercial CommunicationsIf you receive commercial emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or by sending an email to the address provided in the “How to Contact Us” section. Users are able to view and modify settings relating to promotional communications that they receive from us by accessing the Privacy tab in the SETTINGS of the desktop program.Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.Sideline has no direct relationship with the User’s customers or third party whose Personal Data it may process on behalf of a User unless they have been created with a license that allows them to log on. An individual (for example, an athlete that is being profiled by a trainer) who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, delete inaccurate data or withdraw consent for further contact should direct his or her query to the User they deal with directly. If the User requests Sideline to remove the data, we will respond to its request within thirty (30) days. We will delete, amend or block access to any Personal Data that we are storing only if we receive a written request to do so from the User who is responsible for such Personal Data, unless we have a legal right to retain such Personal Data. We reserve the right to retain a copy of such data for archiving purposes, or to defend our rights in litigation. Any such request regarding User Data should be addressed as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section, and include sufficient information for Sideline to identify the User or its customer or third party and the information to delete or amend.
- Access, Correction, Deletion
- Third-Party Services
The Service may contain features or links to web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
- Your California Privacy Rights
We will not share any Personal Data with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes to the extent prohibited by California law. If our practices change, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws and will notify you in advance.
- Interest Based Advertising
Interest based advertising is the collection of data from different sources and across different platforms in order to predict an individual’s preferences or interest and to deliver to that individual, or his/her computer, smart phone or tablet, advertising based on his/her assumed preference or interest inferred from the collection of data pertaining to that individual or others who may have a similar profile or similar interests.
We work with a variety of third parties to attempt to understand the profiles of the individuals who are most likely to be interested in the Sideline products or services so that we can send them promotional emails, or serve our advertisements to them on the websites and mobile apps of other entities.
These third parties include: (a) advertising networks, which collect information about a person’s interests when that person views or interacts with one of their advertisements; (2) attribution partners, which measure the effectiveness of certain advertisements; and (3) business partners, which collect information when a person views or interacts with one of their advertisements.
In collaboration with these third parties, we collect information about our customers, prospects and other individuals over time and across different platforms when they use these platforms or interact with them. Individuals may submit information directly on our Sites or on platforms run by third parties, or by interacting with us, our advertisements, or emails they receive from us or from third parties. We may use special tools that are commonly used for this purpose, such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags, mobile advertising IDs, flash cookies, and similar technologies. We may have access to databases of information collected by our business partners.
The information we or third party collect enables us to learn what purchases the person made, what ads or content the person sees, on which ads or links the person clicks, and other actions that the person takes on our Sites, or in response to our emails, or when visiting or using third parties’ platforms.
We, or the third parties with which we work, use the information collected as described above to understand the various activities and behaviors of our customers, Site visitors and others. We, or these third parties, do this for many reasons, including: to recognize new or past visitors to our Sites; to present more personalized content; to provide more useful and relevant ads - for example, if we know what ads you are shown we can try not to show you the same ones repeatedly; to identify visitors across devices, sales channels, third party websites and Sites, or to display or send personalized or targeted ads and other custom content that is more focused on a person’s perceived interest in products or services similar to those that we offer.
Our interest-based ads may be served to you in emails or on third-party platforms. We may serve these ads about our products or services or send commercial communications directly ourselves or through these third parties.
Visitors may opt out of receiving interest based advertising by advertising networks that may be delivered to them on our platform and other websites by visiting the following websites: http://www.aboutads.info/consumers ; and http://www.networkadvertising.org. These features will opt a Visitor out of many – but not all - of the interest-based advertising activities in which we or third parties engage.
- Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website or online service that a user visits, indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret Do Not Track signals, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track signal. We continue to work with the online industry to define a common understanding of how to treat Do Not Track signals.
In the meantime, you may opt out of receiving interest based advertising from advertising networks that may be delivered on our platform and other websites by visiting the following websites. If you want to opt out of this online behavioral advertising, visit the following sites:http://www.aboutads.info/consumers and http://www.networkadvertising.org.
This will opt you out of many – but not all - of the interest-based advertising activities in which we or third parties engage. Choices you make may be browser and device specific. If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or a different computer or device, you may need to update your opt-out choices. Other third-party Sites provide visitors with the ability to opt-out of receiving interest-based ads on their Sites that you need to control through your settings on that Site. For example, to opt out of Google’s use of your online behavior for advertising purposes, visit Google’s Ad Settings page.
- Third Party Cookies
The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your interests or preferences so that they can display advertisements or promotional material on this Site and on other sites across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
The business partners and advertising networks that serve interest-based advertisements on the Services have limited access to a small amount of information about your profile and your device, which is necessary to serve you advertisements that are tailored to your apparent interests. It is possible that they may reuse this small amount of information on other sites or services.
We do not share with these third parties any information that would readily identify you (such as email address); however, these third parties may have access to information about your device (such as IP or MAC address). We do not have access to, or control over, the technologies that these third parties may use to collect information about your interests, and the information practices of these third parties are not covered by this Privacy Notice. Other than as discussed in this document, we have no control over these third parties.
- The Following Types of Cookies Are Used in the Site:
- strictly necessary/essential cookies - These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor.
- performance cookies - These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- functionality cookies - These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- behaviourally targeted advertising cookies - These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
- The Following Cookies are Used on the Sites:
Service providers Cookie name Cookie type Expiration Content sidelinesports.com trackcmp.net cmp609480996 1 month trackcmp.net cmp999776348 1 month Sideline csrftoken 0 Sideline rsAdId 2 days Google Analytics _ga 2 years Helps to identify sessions of visitors Google Analytics _gid 1 day Helps to identify sessions of visitors Google Analytics _gat 10 minutes Helps to throttle traffic rate for Google servers xpsnetwork.com Sideline accountGuid functionality 1 year For the last logged on user: The Organizer club or xpsnetwork ID Sideline brandingImageUrl functionality 1 year For the last logged on user: The top left image from your trainer or club (often nothing) Sideline brandingImageUrlBig functionality 1 year For the last logged on user: The login logo from your trainer or club (often nothing) Sideline country performance 1 year For the last logged on user: The name of your country Sideline fullName performance 1 year For the last logged on user: Your full name (to greet you with something while you wait at startup) Sideline isTrainer functionality 1 year For the last logged on user: true=trainer, false=athlete Sideline org functionality 1 year For the last logged on user: true=Organizer Club, false=xpsnetwork Sideline profileImageUrl performance 1 year For the last logged on user: Your profile image Sideline sessionId functionality 1 year For the last logged on user: Your session id from the server Sideline svappSessionId functionality 1 year For the last logged on user: An identifier to start XPS Tags without logging in Sideline userGuid functionality 1 year For the last logged on user: Your ID on the server.
- The Following Types of Cookies Are Used in the Site:
- Minors and Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time without a permission from a custodian. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 16 years of age has obtained an Account on the Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s Personal Data from our systems.
- Data Security
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Data in our possession. This includes, for example, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission through public internet, and we also employ application-layer security features to further anonymize Personal Data.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
- Data Retention
We do not delete Personal Data or User Data when a license expires. Trainers frequently change jobs and go to a club that does not use Sideline Services for some years and then start working for another club that use Sideline Services again. That is why we keep accounts open although Users do not pay for licenses. To properly deactivate an account, you have to contact us and ask for deactivation as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section. We delete deactivated account within 6 months of deactivation. If we restore backups, we delete deactivated accounts from the restored data. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as follows:
- the contents of closed accounts are deleted within 3 months of the date of closure;
- backups are kept for 5-52 weeks: (databases: 5 weeks, Game Exchange videos: 31 day, html content: 365 days);
- billing information is retained
- information on legal transactions between User and Sideline is retained
Other retained data:
- Templates (metadata and reference data) that you have shared with other Users and they have used, will not cause their data to disappear.
- If you create a new User with a license you paid for and the User logs on, the User is considered a separate User and not your User Data and you can no longer delete that User or the User Data he/she may have created.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain Personal Data, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Data Transfer
The Service is hosted by Amazon Web Services in Germany. HTML content, images, videos (including Game Exchange) is hosted by Amazon Web Services in Frankfurt and Ireland for European residents but also in Canada, United States, Brazil, Singapore, Japan and Australia. Some large videos are hosted by Backblaze in The Netherlands for Europe and Backblaze in US for North America. If you choose to use the Service from regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from European Union law, then please note that you may be transferring your User Data and Personal Data outside of those regions to the European Union for storage and processing by our service providers listed in the Sideline Terms of Service.
- Data Controller and Data processor
Sideline does not own, control or direct the use of any of the User Data stored or processed by a User via the Service. Only the Users are entitled to access, retrieve and direct the use of such User Data. Sideline is largely unaware of what User Data is actually being stored or made available by a User to the Service and does not directly access such User Data except as authorized by the User, or as necessary to provide Services to the User and its connected Users.
The User is the data controller under the Regulation for any User Data containing Personal Data, meaning that such party controls the manner such Personal Data is collected and used as well as the determination of the purposes and means of the processing of such Personal Data.
Sideline is not responsible for the content of the Personal Data contained in the User Data or other information stored on its servers (or its subcontractors’ servers) at the discretion of the User nor is Sideline responsible for the manner in which the User collects, handles disclosure, distributes or otherwise processes such information.
- Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision, and will comply with applicable law. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
- How to Contact Us
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Data, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any concerns or complaints about this Policy or your Personal Data, you may contact Sideline’s Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com.
Last update: May 10, 2018